Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tis the Season

In the midst of what seems (on the blog) like constant angst--which I've explained is not the actual case, it's simply because this is the only place where I am completely honest so all the negative-sounding stuff comes out here--it's been a great day and I thought I would share it.

Sleeping late is not something I get to often do so today's waking at 10 a.m. was shocking, as was the realization that it was snowing. With a big holiday party later today I went to the store and got the ingredients to do some baking for the party and now everything is ready and the house smells wonderful. I'm not much on domestic duties but I love the smells of baking. Add some holiday music and the scene is set, you know the environment I'm in at the moment. I'm hesitant to go take my shower because I'm enjoying it so much, but I should no doubt get a move on.

Ah, the smells and sounds of the holidays!

2 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

sounds a perfect pre Christmas morning, snow food warm and no rush. My sort of day.
xx

Liz Keile said...

Love the story. Unfading!