Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sh*t Happens

I was looking back over the self-sabotage post and thinking some more about the topic. I don't like the word "failure", that makes it sound so final. I guess I would prefer "unsuccessful attempt", and the most important part of that would be that it NOT be the last attempt. THAT would be failure. The fact that you don't succeed isn't what makes it a failure; it is if you don't get right back up and try again that makes it a failure.

So why, since I failed in this one endeavor, do I immediately wonder if I sabotaged my own efforts? Sh*t happens to everyone. This time it happened to me. Accept and move on. Try again. And so begins another round.... ::ding,ding,ding:: goes the fighting bell ringer

3 comments:

Enola said...

I blame myself all the time. Because if I am to blame, then I am in control. If someone else is to blame, then they are in control. I don't like others being in control.

jumpinginpuddles said...

blame is wrong wehn we are blaming ourselves for others shit

Angel said...

Enola, you said a lot there. I've been thinking about it a lot.

JIP, you are so right. I am improving at assigning blame where it belongs but there is still room for more progress.