Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ichthus, Ichthus Everywhere

I've written before about an observation of bumper stickers or decals people have felt compelled to display. Last week I saw another one: two larger ichthus and then three smaller ones around it, like a school of fish. I was trying to decide if it was supposed to express a love for the ocean and its inhabitants (some people like dolphins better but to each their own and/or maybe they couldn't find dolphins), someone bought a used car with one already on there and was trying to make the best of it and/or be humorous, or if that was supposed to represent the family composition (two adults, three children).

I have no other comment to make about the display. I just find it interesting while sitting in traffic to see what people have put on their cars.

2 comments:

Kahless said...

Yes, I find bumper stickers amusing. I remember years ago I was tempted to make one saying @a plastic bag is for life, not just for christmas'
I think I was going through one of my odd phases.

Kim said...

I like to look at them also. I don't have any personally. My friend has one that I love, though. It says "There is too much blood in my caffeine system" :o)