Monday, March 10, 2008

Observations-Does Double Make You Better? More Believable or Sincere?

I saw something recently that tickled me: someone had not one but two ichthus fish symbols on the rear of their car. The exact same symbol, same size even, one over the other with maybe 2 or 3 inches between them.

What is with that? Does that make it more believable that the occupant is a Christian? Did they "not really mean it" the first time so they had to put a second one on there? Are they saying that they were blessed with a double dose of Christianity, like some people have a double cappucino mocha? One wasn't adequate?

And if the only way a person can tell that you are a Christian is by your bumper stickers or the ornaments on your car, does that make it real?

To take that a step further, can someone really tell by your behavior that you are a Christian? Just because someone happens to be a good, moral person doesn't automatically make them a Christian. Hmmm.....Wow, this is going beyond the humor I saw in the double symbol, I will stop now. These are awfully deep thoughts on way too little sleep. ;)

5 comments:

Kahless said...

Don't start me on this one either!
lol!

Kim said...

Mmmmmmmm, double cappucino mocha!! :o)

Fire Byrd said...

I once shared a flat with a Christian, she was the meanest son of a bitch I ever met. And had no ability to give anything to anyone.
I think in some places Christianity is a disguise for being really self centered.
pxx

Enola said...

Somehow those fish cars are always the ones that cut me off and then give a little wave of apology (and I'm one of those fish people - LOL)

Fire Byrd said...

So I pop in cause I'm so bad at keeping up and your nowhere to be found.... uummph!
hugs
pxx