Monday, December 8, 2008

My Cheer Went Poof

I was in such a good mood. Despite going to the dentist for a routine visit, I was full of holiday cheer and all that. Yet how quickly that disappeared.

The hygienist cleaned my teeth and began to floss them. She was quite rough with the floss and it was painful, to the point where I exclaimed in pain. Apparently she either didn't hear it at all or hears it so much it didn't make an impression on her because she proceeded to say, "Your gums are bleeding. Do you not floss regularly?"

WTH? Could she not tell the answer by the condition of my teeth? Or had the hair bleach permeated her brain and left her completely senseless? Gone was my good mood, immediately squashed by the pain from her overzealous efforts. Her stupid question was merely icing on that rotten cake.

"Not only do I floss regularly, I floss even twice a day or three times a day depending on what I eat. What I do NOT do is assault my gums like you have! Are you finished yet?"

I guess I won't be getting a Christmas card from her, but the feeling was mutual. Next time I will ask for any hygienist but her.

3 comments:

Ethereal Highway said...

I can't stand people like that. I'm glad you told her off. Someone that callous, with no regard for your gum tissue, has NO BUSINESS in someone else's mouth. Or in any medical profession. PERIOD. She's lucky it was you in the chair and not the sometimes uncivilized me. I have this thing about teeth. It's not entirely impossible that I might have decked her. You can soothe your gums with some warm water with a bit of baking soda in it.

{{{{{{{{Angel}}}}}}}}

Angel said...

Normally I can't think of quick comebacks or I choose not to say them, but this time I did both. It was that bad.

The good news is that I think she'll be more careful next time.

Kahless said...

Eth, I just knew you'd have been here to talk tooth care lol!!!!!

Anngel, I am trying to pretend that I am not due a check-up. Urghhh! you reminded me ;-)